Paul McGee is one of the UK’s leading speakers on the subject of change, workplace relationships and motivation. His provocatively titled book SUMO (Shut Up, Move On) became an instant bestseller and his book on Self Confidence reached number one in the WHSmith’s business book chart – remaining there for a further 24 weeks. He has appeared on BBC Breakfast television and is a regular contributor on BBC Radio.
Paul McGee is an expert in human behaviour and performance and a visiting Professor at the University of Chester. He’s spoken for over 1,000 organisations worldwide, from international conferences to individual work with elite athletes. His bespoke messages have resonated with global brands including Harrods, GSK, Adidas, Virgin, The NHS, Lloyds Bank and Manchester City.
One of Europe’s leading speakers on Change, Resilience, Leadership & Wellbeing, Paul guarantee’s to deliver on 5 things:
- Preparation; Paul meticulously prepares his message to ensure his talk is tailored to meet your objectives.
- Motivation; Paul delivers practical motivation, grounded in research on the themes of change, leadership, resilience, wellbeing and communication.
- Entertainment; Your audience will be entertained, engaged and equipped with practical ideas.
- Credibility; You will be working with someone who in the last 30 years has spoken in over 40 countries across five continents – so relax, you’re in safe hands.
- Experience; Having experienced significant life challenges and everyday struggles, Paul will bring a captivating message that is both inspiring and relatable.
He has had the privilege of working with one of the world’s top management gurus the late Dr Stephen Covey and his work has been endorsed by Sir Clive Woodward. Chris Evans described Paul’s book How Not to Worry as “a gift to the world.” His clients include prominent blue chip organisations, public sector bodies and a leading Premier League football club.
He combines his love of comedy and football by supporting Wigan Athletic and Bradford City.
Paul delivers high-impact tailored keynotes and workshops lasting from 30 minutes to a full day both virtually and in person. Organisations hire Paul when they want to provide the WOW factor to their events and leave their audiences feeling inspired, empowered and equipped to deal with challenges and opportunities both in and outside the workplace.
The SUMO (Shut Up, Move On) approach and materials have been built up by internationally recognised speaker and best-selling author, Paul McGee over twenty years. It provides a set of tools for empowering us as individuals and as organisations. ‘Shut Up’ is about stopping what you’re doing, taking time out to reflect, ‘pressing pause’ on our non-stop schedules, letting go of baggage and beliefs that hinder our potential. And then we’re ready to ’Move On’. Tomorrow can be different from today. Don’t just think about it – take action. Paul’s engaging, no-nonsense style enables him to facilitate practical and entertaining workshops keeps delegates engaged and motivated to make a genuine change to their personal and professional lives. Key elements Paul can cover include:
- The importance of mind set and how it impacts our confidence and ability to succeed through change
- Understanding the power of choices
- Exploring four types of faulty thinking
- Understand how our brain works and why stress makes you stupid
- Exploring seven questions to coach yourself and others
- How to overcome complacency
- An action plan for success