Alexis Conran, TV Presenter, Times Radio Presenter and Actor (LAMDA trained) is best known as the man who identifies, uncovers and helps us to protect our businesses and ourselves against scams.
As writer and presenter of the highly acclaimed BBC TV show, The Real Hustle, he is in the rare position of being able to advise and educate even the most-foolhardy on issues surrounding security and risk (in the real and virtual world), and identify the human behaviour, communication skills and confidence tricks that the world’s top scammers rely on to achieve their unscrupulous aims. An expert in social engineering, Alexis shares insights into information security and how people are psychologically manipulated into performing actions or divulging confidential information. Alexis also hosts his own weekend review show on Times Radio.
As a charismatic and engaging keynote and after-dinner speaker, Alexis employs his knowledge of the dark and deceptive world of hustling, pickpockets and con-artists to speak candidly on the risks and security threats constantly faced by businesses, and to deliver important messages on the shrewdest ways to protect against the ever-increasing number of scams. His recent clients include Google, IBM, the RSA Security Conference, Experian, RBS, Halifax, Aviva, Facebook, Porsche, VISA, The Metropolitan Police and the City of London Police Fraud in Action Unit.
Alexis’s main keynote topics include, but are not limited to:
- The psychology of deception – How the brain can be fooled by assumption.
- The anatomy of a scam – How a handful of scams that have existed for thousands of years still catch people out.
- Social Engineering – How it works and why it is so successful.
- Why systems fail – The human face of security.
- Trust and Transparency – How to stay safe in an uncertain world.
- Confidence – Like fitness, confidence can be broken down and learnt like any skill.
- The Art of Story Telling – Every sale or scam relies on a believable story. Learn how to tell engaging and convincing stories.Alexis can adapt his style to deliver entertaining after dinner cabaret which includes showing off his genius sleight of hand techniques to the amazement of large audiences. His after-dinner topics, include, but are not limited to:
- Achieving outcomes using sleight of hand techniques
- Renowned topical scams
- True tales of the Hustler
Alexis currently hosts his own weekly show, on Talk Radio. He has been part of several Channel 5 programs all focused around how to keep people safe from scams and sharp practices.
He also contributes to ITV’s This Morning and BBC Radio 4 and 5Live, and was crowned champion of Celebrity MasterChef 2016.