Bernie, or Andrew Bernard to his mum, was an underachiever at school, he left with an E and a U at A level from a Grammar school and this changed his life…he decided to make a change and went away to college in North Wales.
After a successful three years and a Distinction in HND in Business and Finance he went on to work at Management levels in Unilever, a Professional Construction firm in Manchester, then Salford and Lancaster Universities, and completed a Degree and teaching qualification part time. Still feeling he was missing something, he did a fire walk at 38 years old and decided he wanted to work with young people.
Now 13 years on he’s designed and delivered more than 1,800 workshops and talks internationally, worked with 150,000 people, is a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association, TEDx Speaker and entrepreneur. He has spoken internationally in the UK, Europe and the UAE and brings passion and enthusiasm to your event as a speaker, MC or facilitator. He is also a Director of National Careers Week CIC.
Bernie has worked with international companies such as Rolls Royce, Kellogg’s, BAE Systems, Mubadala, SHARP, Siemens, Plastipak, Unilever, ConvaTec, Jaguar Land Rover, Premier Foods, Busch Pumps, CoolKit, Safran, Survitec and GE / Unison.
His Keynotes are about people and the infinite power they have:
- Engineering Random Opportunities to Succeed is his TEDxWhitehaven talk about how everyone has the duty to support others (now the book based on this talk is with the publishers Crown House – Sending The Ladder Back Down).
- Life By The Balls is a motivational talk based on Bernie’s experience as a Testicular Cancer Survivor. It’s funny, informative and moving as well as being thought-provoking.
- The PERILS of Being An Accidental Entrepreneur is about how sometimes the most obvious choices for us are staring us in the face but we ignore them because we’re busy on the treadmill of life.
- Domestic Violence: Sarah’s Story is a keynote about Bernie’s sister, Sarah, who was murdered by her partner in 2012. It is shocking, informative and brings a hidden truth to the fore. Donations are made to Refuge from the proceeds of this talk.
- Launch Your Resilience is a workshop session for businesses and organisations who are looking to help staff and partners become more grounded. A half or full day event which is fun, challenging and gets people out of their comfort zones.