Alex Caan is a former international athlete whose career spanned nearly a decade. Since retiring from the sport, Alex has gone on to become one of the country’s leading and most innovative coaches in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympics.
Alex’s reputation is founded on working with a diverse range of sports, and his achievements include working with Olympic & Commonwealth medalists and Premier League footballers. In addition to his sporting achievements, Alex won a place at the world famous Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). As an actor, he has worked extensively in theatre and television.
His years of working with elite athletes and actors have enabled Alex to develop a system for business that inspires and motivates his clients. Alex now teaches diverse audiences how to make an impact and inspire great performances using his distinctive coaching philosophy. He brings a unique perspective to how leaders and individuals can influence others through the way they project themselves, both when presenting and in everyday interactions.
He works with leading organisations both in the UK and USA and his sessions are both challenging and enormous fun either as an inspirational trainer or keynote presenter.
As an Athletics coach and actor, Alex Caan brings a unique insight to communication and presenting which goes beyond typical presentation skills. Through highly interactive and influential workshops, Alex shares techniques which not only improve delegates’ presentation skills in terms of tailoring a message to suit the audience, but also develop body language and enable people to convincingly ‘step into the persona’ of an expert to ensure every communication makes a genuine, lasting impact. Key elements Alex can cover include:
- Benchmarking – What are your strengths as a communicator and what do you need to work on?
- Understanding different personality/listener types and the best way to communicate with them
- Refining your message to meet your business objective
- Shaping your content for maximum impact
- Using positive and persuasive language
- Injecting creativity, variety and your personality
- Body Language and Face to Face Communication
- Stepping into the Persona